- Start the course RIGHT. The first week of a short-term online course is very important. Use this time wisely.
Make sure to have your book or other materials before the course begins.
- Study the syllabus. Print it out. Read it CAREFULLY.
- Become familiar with Blackboard and the other online tools. If you have any questions or problems,
call the Distance Education Office at 317-6137 or the Helpdesk 317-5892 right away.
- Create a space for study. Study in the same place every day.
Make sure it is quiet and as comfortable as possible.
You might use some of the tips HERE to create your space.
- Use the AWC Success Center’s online resources. Online and email tutoring is available!
- Plan your schedule carefully. Set aside sufficient time to complete your coursework. Stick to the schedule.
- Create a balance in your life. Tell your family and friends that you taking a short term class
and you will need their support. Make sure that your life or job will not interfere with your success
in your short term course.
- Review your course carefully. Make sure that you understand what is required.
Be in regular communication with the instructor.
- STAY ON SCHEDULE. Remember that the course will be over soon and that if you stick to you,
you will be SUCCESSFUL.
SAVE THE DATE
Arizona Western College
Student Etiquette Luncheon
Friday, March 8, 2019 • 11am – 1:30pm • 3C – Schoening Conference Center